By Dr. Sanjay Mohan Ram, B.Sc.(Hon.), N.D. ~(Bioidentical Hormone Expert!!!)
What are Bioidentical Hormones?
As we age, our bodies’ production of hormones like estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, which help maintain youthful vitality, decreases. Bioidentical hormone therapy is the process of replacing human hormones that have naturally declined. They have the exact same molecular structure as the hormones which you naturally produce in the body and are made from natural ingredients as prescribed by a Naturopathic Physician.
Regardless of which hormones are deficient in your body, a Naturopathic Physician, with the aid of the appropriate hormone tests, can help determine which hormones you need, and in which doses. At Cross Roads Naturopathic Clinic, a Naturopathic Physician will go through a comprehensive individual medical assessment and test you for the levels of your hormones. Based on the test results, they will then customize a treatment plan of specific bioidentical hormones for you.
How can Bioidentical Hormones Help?
There are many benefits to using Bioidentical Hormones, namely:
- Helping improve mood by alleviating depression, anxiety or mood swings
- Helping decrease wrinkles by increasing the deposition of collagen and elastin in the skin
- Helping with weight loss by increasing healthy muscle mass
- Helping with hair loss and dry skin
- Helping improve memory and mental acuity
- Helping decrease the risk of osteoporosis while increasing bone density
- Helping improve cardiovascular health and prevent heart disease
- Helping the body get into proper sleep/wake cycles or circadian rhythms
- Helping improve the immune system fight off infections or repair damaged tissues
Is Bioidentical Hormone Therapy right for me?
As men and women enter their 40’s and 50’s, the bodies’ production of hormones slowly decreases. The individual effects of menopause and andropause vary, but both men and women can safely benefit from personalized or individualized dosages of bioidentical hormones over their lifetime.
If you are wondering if bioidentical hormones can help your energy, mood, skin, bone denstity or more please contact Dr. Sanjay Mohan Ram at Crossroads Naturopathic 604.568.6899.