Is Cortisol the Culprit?
by Dr. Carley Akehurst, ND
How Do You Feel?
Are you feeling stressed, overworked, and tired? Do you feel that there just aren’t enough hours in the day? Wake feeling un-rested? In our modern world, many of us are faced with lives that are constantly busy and struggle to find the time to slow down. Unfortunately, our bodies weren’t meant to operate at such a pace, and in many cases chronic stress leads to an overproduction of the hormone ‘cortisol’.
What is Cortisol?
Cortisol is a stress hormone that gives us the drive we need to maintain our busy lives. We require cortisol for a whole host of normal bodily functions, but too much of a good thing is not healthy. Excess cortisol blocks the release of other hormones required for fertility, energy, immunity, digestion, and proper sleep – in both men and women alike.
Symptoms of Elevated Cortisol
- Low libido
- Irregular cycles and PMS
- Feeling tired but wired
- Abnormal weight gain in the abdomen and thigh
Elevated Cortisol Levels are Easily Treatable!
The good news is that our practitioners will work with you to:
- Complete a thorough health history
- Assess your cortisol levels, and the impact on other hormones
- Create solutions for lasting hormone balance
- Support positive lifestyle change to achieve your health goals
- Optimize fertility and healthy pregnancy through stress management
Contact us today at 604.568.6899 to get started on healthy hormone balance!